The OAAP is presenting “A CLE for Supervising Attorneys & Law Professors: Enhancing the Well-Being and Performance of Law Students & Newer Lawyers” on Wednesday, September 16, 2020, from 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m., via online webinar (Zoom), presented by OAAP Attorney Counselors Shari R. Pearlman, LCSW, JD, and Douglas Querin, JD, LPC, CADC I.
Supervising attorneys and law professors can often feel challenged in creating mentoring and other helpful relationships with newer attorneys and law students, which may be exacerbated by working remotely and physical distancing due to COVID-19.
In this one-hour presentation, attendees will learn:
- How to focus on healthy communication, organization, and strategies to help them assist newer attorneys and law students to stay on track.
- How to effectively use friends, colleagues, mentors, therapists, and the OAAP to create a support team.
- How to help attorneys and students feel less isolated, and create an environment that breaks stigma by providing a platform for asking for help and giving mentoring.
- How to help address the stressors related to unknowns, grieving COVID-19-related losses, isolation, and (for some) the challenge of not having any free or alone time.
- Healthy and effective communication techniques, including normalizing asking for help and encouraging regular check-ins.
Application for 1 MHSU MCLE credit is pending.
To view the handout, click here.
There is no cost to attend this webinar. To register for this webinar, click here.