Career & Lifestyle
Having a career that promotes personal satisfaction, growth, challenge, and engagement is a predictor of lawyer well-being. What may be a perfect fit for someone else may not be right for you. Even if your job fits you well, it is sometimes difficult to balance the demands of family, friends, self-care, your personal interests, and work. Sometimes, you may feel “burned out.” If you are looking for assistance navigating the world of work and your place in it, we can help. Whether you are new to the practice of law or an experienced attorney, the OAAP provides workshops, seminars, individual counseling, and other resources that can help you with your career path or transition.
- From the OAAP (ask an OAAP attorney counselor for more information)
- Finding Meaningful Work: An OAAP Job-Search, Skill Building, Networking, and Support Group
- OAAP Career Self-Assessment Workshops
- Lawyers in Transition Presentations
- The New What Can You Do With A Law Degree? A Lawyer’s Guide to Career Satisfaction Inside, Outside & Around the Law by Larry Richard and Tanya Hanson, published 2012, LawyerAvenue Press