Well-Being Week in Law: 2022 Sneak Peak
By OAAP Post
The Oregon Attorney Assistance Program invites you to join us for Well-Being Week in Law, May 2-6, 2022.
What is "Well-Being Week in Law"?
“Well-Being Week in Law” is a national event that takes place annually the first week in May. The goal is to raise awareness about mental health and encourage action and innovation to improve well-being throughout the profession. In 2021, the event’s name was changed from “Lawyer Well-Being Week” to “Well-Being Week in Law” to acknowledge and include the contributions to the profession by those who are not lawyers.
The Institute for Well-Being in Law, which promotes and coordinates the event, challenges the legal community to come together to effect change for the good of all and invites individuals and organizations alike to get involved and make a difference.
The OAAP is excited to bring you blog posts and resources to enhance your well-being. Each day’s blog post will focus on a different aspect of well-being and will include suggestions to “watch this,” “read this,” and “do this.” You can choose from a veritable buffet of well-being activities all week. In addition, the OAAP attorney counselors will hold a 45-minute chat on Thursday, May 5, 2022, at 12 p.m. to discuss social well-being and opportunities to increase engagement. No sign-up required – just come as you are.
What's ahead for Well-Being Week in Law:
Here's a look at what's to come for Well-Being Week in Law:
- Monday: Stay Strong: Physical Well-Being − Monday’s blog post will kick off well-being week with resources for getting moving and reframing how you think about self-care.
- Tuesday: Align: Spiritual Well-Being − Tuesday’s blog post will focus on gratitude, setting spiritual goals, and cultivating your sense of purpose.
- Wednesday: Engage & Grow: Career & Intellectual Well-Being − Wednesday’s blog post will feature resources on mastering self-talk and behavioral activation strategies.
- Thursday: Connect: Social Well-Being − Thursday’s blog post will focus on how to be happier at work and positive psychology in the workplace.
- Friday: Feel Well: Emotional Well-Being: Friday’s blog will cap off the week with resources for everyday acts of kindness, changing how you listen, and becoming a joy multiplier.
For more information about Well-Being Week in Law, contact the OAAP attorney counselors at 503.226.1057 or through our website.